I will organize a list of good product examples. A successful brand is built on top of a successful distribution system and successful products that are presented in the best possible way and that delight customers. Here are some products to model after when your goal is to have a long term sustainable successful business.
A lot of these successes innovated within an existing market vs creating an entirely new market. Some like Tabs created a new market for sex chocolate that really didn’t exist before. Others listed were able to patent something to have some defensible IP. They also asked and answered important questions
- How does this go viral or get awareness very inexpensively?
- How am I going to market and position this?
- How is this going to be better than what’s already out there?
- How do I present this in the best possible way?
- How do I scale this?
- Is there a way to create good content around this product that can hit the for you page?
WALABOT - A smart wall scanner, stud detector
Manta Sleep Mask - Amazon focused to sell through sleep mask keywords
- They innovated in the sleep mask market - they built/designed a better sleep mask
- They patented their design so they can maintain a high price and take out competitors
Active Dishwasher Cleaner
- Estimated Revenue of $4M/month which means this is a $48M/year business - HUGE
- One listing accounts for more than half of their monthly revenue
- Solved a smell problem and performance problem with dishwashers
- Innovated with excellent packaging to get a high CTR on Amazon platform vs other offers
- Amazon Listing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MV5B75Y
- Amazon Storefront Link
Laundry Turtle - Amazon focused with awareness via TikTok / Instagram Influencers
- Product had virality built into it
- Product was patented
- The product makes life easier for people
- Amazon Listing: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09M7PJ9J5
Tabs Chocolate - successful D2C first then launched on Amazon later
- Value Prop - Have better sex / more exciting sex with your partner. The best night of your life.
- Mixed natural supplements and powders into chocolate and wrapped it in a nice package
- Product had potential to go viral based off seeing a TikTok video with 8M views & 2M likes for sex chocolate with no company website
- Packaging was huge differentiator
- Excellent sales funnel strategy to get awareness and convert that awareness/attention into customers
- Tabs sold first through their website D2C and then later on Amazon
Unique cookware products. Take common household cookware items and innovate them with excellent attention grabbing designs. The designs are viral and so content goes viral to generate awareness and sales of the products via TikTok. Distribution channel = TikTok. Sales Channel = Amazon and their website.
Looking at their Amazon Storefront here: https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A1FWIW6RVM5XDB&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER
- They have 103 listings. Some don’t have sales estimates. Usually Amazon lists the top selling product at the top of the search results so at the very least they are doing $300k/month analyzing just 32 of their top 103 listings.
- The other thing to note is the quality of their listings is very high. They have excellent attention grabbing main images and excellent A+ content.
- They have a lot of listings so have thrown a lot of there to test. Through this process I am sure they must have figured out a way to increase the likelihood of success for new products before investing a lot into them.